Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

I was just sitting here at my computer at 1 in the morning when I wandered on over to YTMND.com and saw this: here. Now, I realize I already did a blotry about Rent, but this is just supposed to be a short little entry so bear with me. Aside from being a pretty good gag, this YTMND page made me realize something. Rent advocates measuring years in something other than minutes, which struck me as rather counterintuitive. It starts out recommending "sunsets" and "midnights," which seem sort of reasonable. But then things really get out of hand. We're asked to measure a year in inches and miles, which I have to say, is pretty hard to do. I'm fairly certain inches and miles are measures of length, while a year is a unit of time. In fact come to think of it, a year is already a measure of something: the amount of time it takes for the earth to complete one orbit around the sun. So this talk of measuring a year seems pretty crazy.

Anyway, the Rent finally suggests, well, "how about love?" It advocates using "Seasons of Love," to be precise. I honestly think this is bad advice and won't work, but what do I know? I'm only the best blogger who ever lived. Now, it may seem as though I'm really unfairly hating on Rent here. But in truth, I don't despise Rent more than I despise most things in the world. Which is with the burning hatred of 10 million suns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home